Saturday, June 25, 2005

Ft Bliss - AGAIN

Will the fun ever end? The army seems to be a test of personal perseverance and patience. I have been trying desperately to get home to see my family and friends since June 16th. Now it is June 25th and I have finally arrived on United States soil only to be told that no one actually works on weekends at this wonderful army installation. Furthermore we were unable to do any outprocessing on Friday because we didn't arrive until 8 AM instead of 6 AM.

Patience.....Patience.

Now I am up in the middle of the night blogging due to some killer jet lag. But at least I am no longer in Iraq with all the big booms, and out of Camp Doha, Kuwait where I was sleeping in a 250 person open bay where the lights were on 24/7. Things are definitely improving.

I hope to start outprocessing early on Monday and hopefully get home by Wednesday. I can't wait to see Cole who is walking all over the place and saying a couple of words. Only 4 more days.....

Heidi

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news-ever since you wrote that you were packing I have wondered how close you were to being home. I know you can't rush the Army-but won't be long. God Bless You!

11:43 PM, June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all can't wait to see you!

Your Friends at WPC

4:38 PM, June 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeee!!!! So glad you're almost home. I'm sure its incredibly frustrating to be sooo close....

Paula

6:33 PM, June 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Heidi!!!!! It is almost over before you know it you will be home chasing Cole around and getting lots of hugs and kisses!
We can't wait to see you!!
Love,
Tom, Stacy,Addison
and Georgia Kate

9:50 PM, June 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are soooooo looking forward to your safe landing in Wichita!!
Love,
Chris W.

6:11 PM, June 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home