Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Celebrity Bathroom

Yesterday I attended a meeting of crisis mental health providers at the presidential palace. The participants included myself, the second psychiatrist from my unit, the psychiatrist that works for the state department, and two civilians that work for the department of defense training others how to identify soldiers showing signs of depression or suicidality.

During this meeting I quietly excused myself to find a bathroom, but after walking up and down the hallway several times I returned to ask where the bathrooms were located. To my suprise the Colonel (the state department psychiatrist who's office the meeting was being held) was very excited to show all of us his private bathroom attached to the office. The bathroom had a feminine feel with pink tiled floor and walls. There was both a commode and bidet, along with a pedestal sink accented with fancy gold fixtures. The Colonel was most proud of the fact that Donald Rumsfeld used his bathroom during a visit to the palace. The Colonel had never met Rumsfeld, but happened upon the secretary of defense's entourage in the hallway and was asked where the nearest bathroom was located. At that time the Colonel was thrilled to allow Rumsfeld to use his fancy pink bathroom. I wonder if he remembered to tell the secretary of defense not to flush toilet paper down the stool?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like things have been busy for you. The pool water sounds pretty darn chilly. It's 91 degrees here in Doodah today. Summer's getting closer.

Heidi, I started at CIS today and gotta tell ya...ain't nuthin' changed, despite Rex's attempt at a sunshine enema!s

Keep writing, I'm really enjoying it.s

1:33 AM, April 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home